The closed-loop eye pillow for your relaxation during yoga
The soft fabric
- Consists of leftover cuttings from a sewing shop in Kenya.
- Pure undyed cotton from Tanzania or Malawi. The fabric is made in Kenya.
- Sewn in Kenya by the social project Nyuzi Blackwhite.
- Supports the local economy in Kenya and creates jobs for women.
- Handcrafted with love
- Cotton yarn from Germany
- Label and care label made of hemp
The filling – upcycling into a high quality product
- Grape seeds from Franconia
- Grape seeds arise as a residual product during the traditional winemaking process.
- These accumulate in abundance and are usually not processed but disposed of biologically.
- Thus we do not take any additional valuable natural materials from our environment for the filling of the yoga eye pillow.
- Optimal and comfortably heavy weight for a gentle pressure that lets your eyelids relax.
- Extra tip: Warm up or cool down your eye pillow. The grapeseed oil in the filling stores the temperature.
- Heating in the microwave: Heat slowly at 600 watts, check the temperature after about 20 seconds. If necessary, reheat for another 10 seconds. Heating in the oven:Heat at approx. 120°C for approximately 2 to 3 minutes. Important: You should always check the temperature with your hand before use.
Nyuzi Blackwhite x hejhej
- Nyuzi Blackwhite is a project in Kenya that enables young people to help themselves and creates jobs in the textile industry.
- The job prospects for tailors in Kenya are very poor because imported second-hand clothing from Western countries harms the local textile industry.
- Women Empowerment: Family-friendly working conditions & female founded
- Nyuzi Blackwhite employs five seamstresses and quality control.
- The project also includes a children’s home, a primary school and a vocational school. Around 120 children from 3 to 23 are currently being accompanied from primary school to finished apprenticeship.
- 100% of the costs donated to the associated children’s home are added to the production price.
Production with social value in Kenya and Germany
- The inner and outer shells are produced in Kenya.
- These are transported to Germany by Sarah, the founder of Nyuzi Blackwhite, on her regular visits to Kenya.
- In order to keep the CO2 emissions of the transport from Kenya to Nuremberg as low as possible the eye pillows are filled in Germany.
- The filling takes place in the Lebenshilfe workplace in Nuremberg.
- There the hejhej-eyepillows are also packed plastic-free and sent to you.
Closed-loop design – technical and biological recycling
- Once your yoga eye pillow has reached the end of its life cycle, you can simply send the undyed cotton back to us free of charge and we will recycle it.
- From this, we produce, among other things, the fabric of the hejhej-bolster.
- You will receive a discount code for your next purchase in our online shop.
- The filling is biodegradable and can be returned to nature.
- You can dispose of them in advance on the compost or in the organic waste bin.
We have collected further details for you in this article about the collaboration with Nyuzi Blackwhite, the origin of the grape seeds and the use of the eye pillow in yoga.
Also, find 7 inspiring uses with your hejhej-eyepillow in this blog article.