The sustainable meditation pillow – closed-loop and thought through to the sewing thread
- The hejhej-pillow meditation pillow matches the hejhej-bolster.
- Fabric outside: 73% recycled cotton, 16% cotton and 11% hemp fibre
- Fabric inside: 90% organic cotton and 10% recycled cotton
- Cotton and hemp are very gentle on the skin and soft.
- Leave in natural colour
- Fabrics that are not dyed are very resource-friendly and additionally skin-friendly.
- Certified husk filling from an ‘bioland’ organic farm
- The zip is made from recycled nylon, including recycled fishing nets.
- The cord, label and care tag are made from organic hemp.
- The all-round sustainable meditation pillow: even the sewing thread is made of organic cotton.
Local and circular
- As with the hejhej-bolster, the filling of the sustainable meditation pillow is from our certified organic farm partner close to us.
- Due to the mixture of organic spelt and emmer spelt husks, the exact composition of each meditation pillow varies.
- Husks are the hulls of the grain and are therefore a natural material that accumulates excessively.
- This means that the filling is very resource-friendly and does not use any extra valuable natural resources from our environment.
- Husks can be 100% recycled into the biological cycle and therefore disposed of via the organic waste bin or your own compost.
- You can also buy our husk filling separately: hejhej-husk refill
Ecological and social sustainability with added value
- The sustainable meditation pillow is produced exclusively by us in Germany.
- The hejhej-pillow is completely sewn and filled by hand in our partner workplace for people with disabilities.
- There, the cushion is also packaged and shipped to you 100% without plastic.
- We donate 1€ per meditation pillow sold to the Dr. Günther Pfann Foundation.
- The foundation is committed to the preservation of biodiversity and natural habitats in our immediate environment in Franconia, for example by planting trees and hedges or seeding wildflower meadows
Recycling at the end of a product’s life
- Like all hejhej products, the pillow is 100% recyclable.
- Once your meditation pillow has reached the end of its life cycle, you can return it to us free of charge.
- Dispose of the husk, the inner filling, in advance in the biological cycle: you can dispose of it in your compost or in the organic waste bin.
- The fabrics are recycled by us so that a new hejhej product can be created from them. Here we work together with our partner wecycled.
- For the return, you will receive a discount code for your next closed-loop purchase in our shop.
- If only the filling is no longer plump enough, simply buy our husk filling separately to use your hejhej-pillow even longer. Longevity is an important part of sustainability.
Practice with your hejhej-pillow
Our meditation pillow is of course the ideal pillow for meditation and relaxation. It helps you to sit upright and to remain comfortably in the same sitting position for a long time. But you can also incorporate it beautifully into your yoga practice. Get inspired by our 15 min flow on our own hejhej Youtube Channel – enjoy!
The meditation pillow is suitable for more than "just meditating". Discover these 6 asanas with hejhej-pillow.
You can read more about our partner Bioland Farm in an extra article.
There are no reviews yet.