rather dark recycled yoga mat
Social & ecological production
- Production 100% in Germany. The production hall is equipped with solar modules, through which the machines are operated and the hejhej-mats are produced CO2 neutral.
- Per hejhej-mat approx. 1.5 kg of foam offcuts are upcycled.
- Cooperation with workplaces for people with disabilities:
- There the logo is sewn onto your hejhej-mat.
- The workplace packs your hejhej-mat and sends it to you plastic-free and climate-neutral.
- The logo is made of biodegradable hemp.
- 1€ per hejhej-mat go to the NGO EarthChild Project
- EarthChild Project provides children in the townships of Cape Town with access to yoga and environmental education.
- The mat is developed with the Fraunhofer Institute and in close cooperation with yoga teachers.
- Durable & hygienic: closed-pore surface does not absorb sweat.
- Structured surface for an extraordinary grip
- Comes with a strap made from ecological cotton
- With a width of 65 cm wider than most yoga mats for extra space and comfort on the mat.
- Moreover, with 5 mm thickness extra soft for knees and spine while providing strength for balance and stability.
We take responsibility:
- As soon as your dark recycled yoga mat arrives at the end of the product life cycle, you can send it back to us free of charge.
- For recycling, this is disassembled into its individual components and thus forms the raw material for new hejhej-mats and hejhej-blocks.
- So the materials get a new product life and you get a discount code for your next closed-loop purchase in our shop.
The hejhej-mats yoga mat is not only particularly sustainable, but it also has a unique quality to keep it, please note our care instructions.
- For hygienic reasons, we can not refund money for already used hejhej-mats.
Anne (verified owner)
Super happy to have found that brand and mat 🙏 it’s absolutely not slippery, I feel safe and good on it, the recycled material and the production in cooperation with the Werkstätten gives me a feeling of being part of something good. Plus it looks absolutely beautiful!
Finally a brand that brings a bit more of consciousness in the production of it’s product ! The hejhej mat is perfect to practice yoga, great grip, wild and perfectly measured to protect sensitive knees like mine ! Love it
So happy to find a circular yoga mat on the market! Using waste as a resource and making a beautiful product is no easy feat but hejhej have managed both. Now I can practice yoga knowing my mat isn’t harming the environment.